Due to the positive feedback I have received from several readers for my previous work for Collabtive, I decided to take the time to perform a few more updates. These new additions are completely user facing as I discovered the emails were not as clear to all users as they could be.
These latest updates provide the following changes:
- Create Task Email to Person Who Assigned Task – Includes task name, description, and completion date
- Create Task Email to Individuals Assigned Task – Includes task name, description, assigner name (with email link) and completion date
- Edit Task Email to Individuals Assigned Task – Includes task name, description, and completion date
- Close Task Emails – Includes task name and description
Here’s a quick view of how an email will look with the recent changes. The text will be different depending on who is receiving the email and the type of event that took place (create, edit, and close).
A new task has been assigned to you.
Task Name: Solve World Peace
Task Description: Discover the best way to solve world peace and do it.
Assigned By: Humanity
Completion Date: 20.02.2011
Once the task has been completed, please login to the Collabtive system and acknolwedge the completed task by closing the task.
For those interested, follow the instructions below to update your environment with these latest changes. If you have not updated your environment based on my information from my previous post, then perform those steps first before making these changes.
- Download the files I modified on February 20th, 2011.
- Update your Collabtive directory with the following files in the appropriate location:
- For those not using English as the default language, the following additions need to be made to the appropriate lng.conf file:
Enjoy the latest updates and post comments if you have questions.
UPDATE NOTE (2011-02-27): I just realized there was an error in the close task functionality and emails were being sent to the user that has an ID of 1. I’ve updated the code referenced in this post to include a fix for the getAssigner function. Please let me know if you run into any additional issues.Posted under Internet